posted on January 12, 2015 by Don Reinhart | No Comments
Before hiring an auctioneer in Mississauga, it’s important to do your research to find the best auctioneer for your needs. We’ve compiled some of the top questions we found were essential to ask while you’re in the process of researching.
- Can you provide a list of references? Just like any job interview, you want to make sure that the individual you’re hiring has a good record and that his or her clients were satisfied. You should always try and contact these references to get a better idea of their experiences. You can also check for online reviews to get an overall perspective.
- What advertising avenues will you pursue? Determine where the auctioneer will advertise your auction, whether through social media, mailing lists, or local newspapers. There may be a fee involved, and it is important to know who will be covering that.
- What other fees could you get charged? You want to ensure that there are no hidden fees that you will be paying. Find out all the potential costs beforehand so you can make an informed decision.
- When will you receive the proceeds from the sale? You want to know how long you would have to wait after the auction to receive payment. The general consensus is within 30 days. Does it work within your timeline?
- What happens to items that don’t sell? Make sure that there’s a contingency plan.
Do you have more questions you want to know about hiring an auctioneer? Give us a call at (905) 846-1071, and we’ll be happy to help you.