Many people are unsure about their roles as purchasers at auctions. At Reinhart Auctions, we welcome first-time auction-goers and encourage you to learn more about what you need to know. To make the process as easy as possible, we have developed the following buying protocols guidelines.
- Take a look at our calendar to determine what the upcoming auctions are and which auctions you are interested in.
- Make sure you verify what the terms of payment are, how long you would have to remove the items you won the bid for, and whether there is a buyer’s premium. This could be done by checking our website, calling your auctioneer, or asking us on registration day.
- Some items are available for inspection prior to the sale. Please come early the day before the auction in order to inspect the items or test the items (if available).
- When you arrive at the auction, register, and you will receive a bid number.
- Take a look at the items and write down what price you are willing to pay for it.
- To bid, raise your bid card to the auctioneer.
- If you have won the bid, head to the office to pay for the bill.
If you would like to sell any items at auction, check out our selling protocols page and then contact our team at (905) 846-1071.