Many people are unsure about their roles as purchasers at auctions. At Reinhart Auctions, we welcome first-time auction-goers and encourage you to learn more about what you need to know. To make the process as easy as possible, we have developed the following buying protocols guidelines.
- Take a look at our calendar to determine what the upcoming auctions are and which auctions you are interested in.
- Make sure you verify what the terms of payment are, how long you would have to remove the items you won the bid for, and whether there is a buyer’s premium. This could be done by checking our website, calling your auctioneer, or asking us on registration day.
- Some items are available for inspection prior to the sale. Please come early the day before the auction in order to inspect the items or test the items (if available).
- When you arrive at the auction, register, and you will receive a bid number.
- Take a look at the items and write down what price you are willing to pay for it.
- To bid, raise your bid card to the auctioneer.
- If you have won the bid, head to the office to pay for the bill.